Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING AND PREDICTIONS: UARS

Rumor has it, UARS is down...Just waiting for NASA to confirm.  Videos of fireball taken from backyard in Washington  on  space.com


REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING AND PREDICTIONS: UARS 
ALL EYES ON THE SKY TONIGHT!!!! As of on Sept. 23, 2011, the orbit of UARS Re-entry (UARS finally hitting Earth), is expected between 11 p.m. Friday and 3 a.m., Saturday morning.  During that time period, the satellite will be passing over North America, more specifically, Canada, then, Africa and Australia, as well as vast areas of the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. 
          * The risk of getting hit by this satellite is 1 and 3200, very unlikely! Don't be scared....   ;-)


Track with Google Earth: http://www.n2yo.com/ if you keep trying, you'll be able to see it.  
  ~Try This Link It has worked well in our class,  you just have to click "refresh" a lot.
*Learn more about SPACE
*Keep us posted!
           Comment Below! :-)
UARS was launched in 1991 by the Space Shuttle Discovery. It is 35 feet long, 15 feet in diameter, weighs 13,000 pounds, and carries 10 instruments. UARS orbits at an altitude of 375 miles with an orbital inclination of 57 degrees. Designed to operate for three years, six of its ten instruments are STILL functioning! UARS measures ozone and chemical compounds found in the ozone layer which affect ozone chemistry and processes. UARS also measures winds and temperatures in the stratosphere as well as the energy input from the Sun. Together, they help answer the question, what is the role of the upper atmosphere in climate and climate variability?
CHECK OUT:
CNN Heroes, vote for who you think deserves to win. :-)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

jarett:mrs.smith your awsom

Anonymous said...

The satelite did not work please contact me when you can okay . If u can't that's okay too. Find me on Blogger.. 2011-2012-. Post a Comment I will be gone at 6.00 to 6.15 to 8.30 for Awana. See you tomorrow. Talk to you later bye one more thing I will get a green tomorrow Pinky Promise. I will be in bed at 8..30. I will try to do some homework, IXL,READING .

Anonymous said...

The satelite did not work please contact me when you can okay . If u can't that's okay too. Find me on Blogger.. 2011-2012-. Post a Comment I will be gone at 6.00 to 6.15 to 8.30 for Awana. See you tomorrow. Talk to you later bye one more thing I will get a green tomorrow Pinky Promise. I will be in bed at 8..30. I will try to do some homework, IXL,READING .FROM,RICHIE

santino said...

SUPER COOL I LIKE THIS LINK

santino said...

SUPER COOL I LIKE THIS LINK

Anonymous said...

That satellite is very interesting.

From,Julian

Anonymous said...

The satelite tracking said server is too busy. try to comment me. If u can't that's okay too.






from,your best student,Richie

Anonymous said...

The satelite said server is too busy.
Please try too comment me. If u can't
That's okay too.






from,your best student,Richie

Anonymous said...

you're the best 5th grade teacher I ever had at Lulu Walker Elementary School

Anonymous said...

I will try to get in as many box tops,
as I can okay Mrs. Smith.


From the best student in the class,Richie.

Anonymous said...

I will not go to the principal's office again. Or the responbillity room again. Promise. Pinky Promise.



from,your best student in the class,Richie

Anonymous said...

I am curious to know if the satellite landed and when it landed. If you find out this weekend please let me know.
From, Julian

Unknown said...

Hey all! Thanks for your AWESOME comments!!!!! Jarrett, Richie, Santino, Julian, and others who forgot their name ;-) you're all awesome too. I will try my best to keep you (especially Julian), up to date this weekend. Sorry today was hectic, hopefully all students will be more responsible next week, so we can actually use those microscopes.
:-) By the way, great newsletter AGAIN. Thanks to: Santino, Merry, Kristen, Tanner, Fernando and Julian!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping up to date.

From,Julian

Anonymous said...

So there're are rumors that the UARS crashed here in the U.S.
From,Julian

Anonymous said...

On my book (Heroes of 911) the firefighters were in one of the twin towers when it fell over but they were on floor five which didn't fall over but they were trapped for a while. Thankfully they made it out alive.
From,Julian

Anonymous said...

The 9/11 was really serious because Ghadafi and the other guy almost killed my Aunt Amy Rose!



Sierra S.